The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We call this cultural relations.
Title: Senior Marketing Manager, Exams, WA Cluster
Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact. This role is a new role as part of Marketing and Communications Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role.
The post holder will lead the development and execution of the cluster/country marketing strategy and plans, ensuring alignment to the regional and global marketing strategy and brand, and to work in partnership with SBUs to ensure that country marketing activities enable required business targets. This role will be accountable for the planning, management, execution and evaluation of plans for the cluster, overseen by the Regional Head of Marketing, Exams.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
Essential: The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing or business
- Significant experience in a marketing position at a national level within a large and complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience of developing marketing strategies and plans
- Demonstrable experience in managing supplier relationships
- Relevant professional accreditations e.g. CIM, Melcrum, GCN, CIPR, WOMMA etc.
- Experience in a global organisation
- Evidence of successful line management of a small team remotely
- Experience in Exams market
Role Specific Skills:
CIM Marketing Competencies
Insights (Level 3)
- Ensures their country requirements for research are considered at regional level to contribute to greater efficiency and consistency in the commissioning of market research.
- Analyses and presents information from research and customer feedback as insights
Integrated marketing communications (Level 4)
- Creates integrated marketing communications plans using both physical and digital tools
- Implements integrated marketing communications plans using both physical and digital tools
Partnership marketing (Level 4)
- Reviews, establishes and develops channel/partnership marketing strategies to meet customer needs and achieve business goals
- Manages and monitors the implementation of channel and/or partnership marketing plans to meet the needs of customers, channel partners and the organisation
Monitoring and measuring effectiveness (Level 4)
- Collects, synthesises, analyses and reports measurement data
- Participates in reviews of marketing activities using measurement data and analytics to identify improvements
- Uses social analytics and listening tools to identify improvements to organisational processes that will enhance social reputation
Pay band: 7
Remuneration: Naira 18,180,443 per annum
Contract type: Locally engaged
Contract Duration: Indefinite
Deadline: Oct 9, 2022
Not seeing our posts on LINKEDIN? Follow our Company Page - Jobnow Nigeria