200 + Employees
SPIE Oil & Gas Services
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (a division of the SPIE Group) offers a comprehensive variety of services to some of the world’s top oil and gas businesses through a network of offices in 25 countries spanning Africa, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific. Our revenue has more than quadrupled in the previous several years as a result of the hard work of our 4,000 workers, to whom we provide training, recognition, and genuine prospects for advancement. SPIE Oil & Gas Services is continuously looking for bright individuals to join its teams in order to support this growth.
Title: Senior Methods & Performance Engineer
Reference ID: 2023-31057
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Contract Duration: 1 year renewable
Area Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- We are seeking candidates for the Senior Methods & Performance Engineer position, and their responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Coordinate activities within the Well Delivery Process, including liaising with internal (Field Ops, Engineering and Construction, Subsurface, and Planning) and external (government, regulatory agencies, contractors, etc.) stakeholders to optimize Drilling & Well operations’ value.
- Cultivate a culture of quality within the teams by establishing standards and expectations for delivering top-tier performance in all Drilling & Wells activities. Achieve this through robust internal stakeholder engagement and external contractor management.
- Ensure the successful execution of Well operations while adhering to codes of practice, safety and environmental regulations, and cost and time optimization.
- Contribute to the return on Exploration & Production investments by continuously enhancing equipment/resource utilization, services, and operational procedures.
- Lead the preparation, planning, optimization, and follow-up of “Solutions for Performance” for Drilling & Wells Operations.
- Drive the digital transformation roadmap for the Drilling and Wells discipline in the affiliate.
- Mentor Junior Engineers and Supervisors, share experience and best practices, review documents, and provide constructive feedback.
- Champion a culture of LEAN, cost rationalization, and continuous improvement within the Methods and Performance Team.
- Capture and disseminate lessons learned and best practices within the Drilling & Wells discipline and to external stakeholders. Follow up on and assist in closing out highlighted improvement actions.
- Participate in risk assessments related to Well operations and implement measures for successful well delivery.
- Engage in operation debriefings with the rig and contractors to gather lessons learned, areas of improvement, and share experiences within the team.
- Contribute to HSE audits, site committee meetings, and incident investigations both at bases and on the rig, while promoting HSE initiatives.
- Possess a strong understanding of all Drilling & Wells functions, including Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity, and Fluids.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Company referential, industry standards, and best practices necessary to achieve well objectives safely and efficiently.
- Propose innovative ideas and solutions to enhance well and operations performance, reduce risk, and lower costs. Conduct studies to establish benchmarks and improve performance.
- Be capable of managing small workgroups consisting of engineers, superintendents, supervisors, and contractors to resolve engineering/technical issues.
- Participate in the exchange of professional experiences through knowledge sharing (REX).
- Monitor operations and costs across the Drilling & Wells Spectrum to capture lessons learned and drive improvements in subsequent activities.
- Provide support for Engineering compliant with technical referential standards, enhancing Safety, Performance, and Well Delivery.
- Ensure that studies to enhance performance are conducted and their results implemented.
- Assist in optimizing the activities of service providers and assess their performance as needed.
- Aid in planning and mobilizing resources (personnel, equipment, contracts) for the timely and safe execution of approved well operations.
- Maintain effective interfaces with internal and external entities to optimize well operations.
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of invitations to tender for service and equipment contracts for Drilling & Wells teams when required.
- A degree in the Sciences or Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant technical experience in onshore and offshore Well engineering roles.
- Proficiency in Data Analysis Tools & Methods, Communication (oral & written), and Presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of drilling engineering/operations, completion engineering, well interventions, and well integrity.
- Familiarity with material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedures, and stock management.
- Good understanding of Company rules, Guides and Manuals, General Specifications, and CMS related to Drilling and Wells, Safety, QA/QC, and associated disciplines.
- Knowledge of Contracts and Procurement, Finance, and Cost control.
- Familiarity with Relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies in the Oil and Gas sector in Nigeria and internationally.
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- Medical Certificate
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online