The Explainer is an online news and public policy analysis platform, designed to innovatively distil and disseminate content grounded in fact and journalistic objectivity. The mission of The Explainer is to directly impact the daily lives of citizens by providing background, context and depth in the analysis of core development and governance issues in Nigeria, Africa and the world. The Explainer is out to inform citizens, and shape public policy and governance outcomes to promote effective service delivery and good governance.
Title: Social Media Intern
Job Type: Full Time
- The platform anchors its content strategy on the rigour of balanced, investigative, and citizens-centered journalism, which aims to enhance the knowledge of the public on the most important political, economic, cultural and other governance issues of the day.
- To operationalise its strategy, The Explainer is seeking to recruit a competent and results-driven Social Media Intern.
- The Social Media Intern will support audience engagement with the goal of increasing uptake of The Explainer stories and content.
- The Social Media Intern would have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections with The Explainer audience
- Set up and optimize The Explainer pages within each platform to increase the visibility of content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- First Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations or other related Humanities or Social Science disciplines will be required.
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven interest and working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, and SEO
- Knowledge of online applications and good understanding of major channels for content dissemination
- Adept at designing infographics for communicating key messages
- Positive attitude, with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Fluency in English.
Deadline: 30th September, 2022.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.