Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Klasha was formed in 2018 by a group of ex-Amazon, Shopify, Net-a-Porter, and ASOS employees in Lagos, Nigeria. It was created to make consumer items more available to African buyers online. At Klasha, we think that customers across Africa, regardless of their geographic location, should have the same frictionless access to the things they desire. So we’ve created a handful of nice items to help with this.
Title: Software Engineer (Frontend)
About the role
- Klasha is looking for a results-driven, fast-moving mid-senior level Front-End engineer to join our team and help to build an exciting payments and logistics startup in Africa.
- We are looking for a Front-End engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and system administrators.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- You will participate in peer code review and provide constructive feedback to other team members so to ensure our delivery reflects your quality standard.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineer.
- Experienced in coding in React.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of ReactJS and Redux.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the African payments and logistics ecosystem.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Good understanding of Git.
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: Interested applicants should Click Here to apply online.