Mid sized business
51 to 100 Employees
AIICO Insurance Plc
AIICO Insurance Plc. started its operations in 1963 and obtained its status as a public liability company in 1989. The company further achieved a significant milestone in 1990 by becoming listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Today, AIICO Insurance Plc. proudly holds the distinction of being the largest life insurance provider in Nigeria.
Title: Survey Team Lead Officer
- The Non-Life Technical Department is seeking to recruit a Survey Team Lead.
- The role would require an individual with conceptual and analytical skills who would be able to survey a risk and determine whether or not it should be insurable and give risk improvement recommendations; pre-loss risk survey, risk monitoring, post-loss surveys & investigations, risk analysis and evaluation and strategic risk management, follow up on numerous activities of each survey team thereby eliminating lapses and ensuring the unit’s deliverables are achieved for the overall larger objectives- these include onsite support on assigned jobs to the staffs, significant follow-through support required for processing of payments, providing on the job training support, report writing; championing the unit’s report automation drive which includes survey request automation, survey reports storage for quick retrieval and access
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prompt inspection of low and medium risks (properties/assets, Fire, engineering, and other lines)
- Identify inherent hazards associated with such risks (Private dwellings, offices, shopping complexes and industry risks, etc.)
- Consider and evaluate key risk parameters such as location, construction, hazards, protection, human elements, housekeeping, etc.
- Identify risk and mitigating measures on-site.
- Analyse the risks and proffer possible control measures (risk improvement recommendations).
- Determination of the EML of the risk is a key aspect of the assessment.
- Discuss risk improvement recommendations on-site with the insured’s representative.
- Follow up with the implementation of risk improvement recommendations and flag cases of non-compliance for the attention of Management.
- Communicate risk improvement recommendations to the insured/broker.
- Schedule follow-up visits to monitor compliance with RIR.
- Peruse and edit survey/inspection reports from external surveyors and ensure risk improvement recommendations are communicated to the insured/broker.
- Processing surveyors’ bills, Marine Superintending bills
- Preparing Monthly Pre-loss reports for audit use
- Pre-loss Inspection of Motor Vehicles
- Conduct on-the-spot assessment of incidents.
- Visit the incident site and get a brief of the incident through the insured’s rep.
- Investigate and determine fact(s) about the loss.
- Take pictures of incident
- For minor motor accidents, discuss and review estimates, where available, with insured’s garages
- Estimate quantum of loss and suggest tentative and reasonable reserve(s)
- Determine if there would be salvage.
- Promptly issue reports and communicate accordingly to all stakeholders within the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. or HND in a related field.
- A Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Associate Member, Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria
- Minimum of 7 years working experience as a risk surveyor/Loss Adjusters
SKILLS / COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to adapt to a new environment.
- A self-starter and self-motivator
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to solve problem.
- Interpretation of reports
Deadline: Jun 23, 2023
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.