Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
Locations: Ikot-Abasi – Akwa Ibom and Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a Land Surveyor who will be responsible for carrying out survey works such as laying out, setting out works, checking elevation and coordinates, calculates various area/volume, etc. to provide all required data to Site Manager to execute site works in line with project HSE guidelines and specifications.
- Taking measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land in order to establish legal boundaries.
- Employing specialized equipment, including distance measuring wheels, GPS, and geographic information system (GIS) devices to measure boundaries and contours.
- Performing mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements.
- Marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land.
- Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring.
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
- Presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- Collaborating and working with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying, Geomatics, Geospatial Sciences, Geophysics, or a related field.
- 10 – 12 years of work experience under a licensed Professional Surveyor
- Valid P.S. license.
- Experience using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, plumb bobs, levels) and electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment).
- Working knowledge of software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Deadline: 31st March, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Land Surveyor” as the subject of the mail.
Jobs by WhatJobs