Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Cowrywise Financial Technology Limited
Cowrywise Financial Technology Limited is a pioneering digital platform in wealth management, committed to democratizing access to savings and investment products for the rapidly expanding Millennial population in Africa. By joining our team, you become an integral part of an interdisciplinary group that shares a grand vision of creating the next-generation wealth management platform tailored specifically for Africans.
Title: Technical Investment Writer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Growth/Portfolio Management
- We are redefining the role of a content writer to fit our positioning as wealth experts.
- As such, we are looking for an individual with a unique set of skills to fill the role of a Technical Investment Writer, with a combined skillset of a growth marketer and an investment analyst, and an above-average understanding of using digital media to distribute content and engage investors.
- Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills, who can (1) engage (2) entertain and (3) educate investors with high-value content by making connections between finance, investments, macroeconomics, wealth, and culturally relevant issues (trend-jacking).
- In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have to demonstrate research and analysis competence, as well as have a deep interest and understanding of the capital markets and the investment landscape both domestic and foreign.
- The ideal candidate will be an interesting voice to sooth the ears of investors, will be able to drive home key points with data driven insights and communicate high conviction calls and investable insights in a clear, concise and digestible way.
- Asides writing, the candidate will also be involved in making live TV and radio appearances to discuss insightful investment topics, as well as speaking at relevant events.
- The candidate will work with both the Portfolio Management Team and the Growth Team.
- Finance or Economics background (B.Sc.), with added experiences in PR-related content and social media.
- 2 – 3 years of experience as a financial writer, content writer, investment research analyst, or a similar role.
- CFA Level 1 passed is a significant added advantage.
- Advanced understanding of investment products and strategies including fixed income, equities, mutual funds etc.
- Awareness of investment industry trends, global financial markets, technology, and developments.
- Excellent knowledge of digital media and other social media best practices
- Communication skills, both written and verbal. Public speaking is an added advantage.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online