200 + Employees
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organisation whose stated goals are to maintain international peace and security, foster friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and serve as a focal point for nations’ actions.
Title: United Nations Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator Program
About the Program:
- The idea of human rights is as simple as it is powerful: That all people have a right to be treated with dignity.
- Businesses often impact the human rights of their employees and contract workers, workers in their supply chains, the communities around their operations and even the end users of their products or services. Whether directly or indirectly, they impact virtually the entire spectrum of internationally recognized human rights.
- As a result, companies have both a responsibility and an opportunity to advance human rights across operations, supply chains and beyond. Is your company able to know and show that it supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, and that it is not complicit in human rights abuses?
- The Business & Human Rights Accelerator is a six-month programme activating companies participating in the UN Global Compact across industries and regions. The objective is to help businesses swiftly move from commitment to action on human rights and labour rights through establishing an ongoing human rights due diligence process.
To take part in the Business & Human Rights Accelerator, companies are required to be participants of the UN Global Compact or willing to join. Your company should also be:
- Currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network in your region or willing to join
- Willing to identify its human rights impacts and scope a core area of its value chain for further focus
- Able to appoint two representatives to participate in Accelerator activities and peer-learning sessions
- An executive-level representative to follow Accelerator developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
- Able to nominate an executive-level representative
- Identify and assess your company’s actual or potential adverse human rights impacts
- Learn how to integrate those findings across processes and take appropriate action
- Track the effectiveness of measures and processes to know if they are working
- Communicate how impacts are being addressed and show stakeholders that your company is taking action and seeing results
- Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your human rights journey and work collectively to tackle persistent barrires to implementing an effective human rights due diligence process
The Learning ExperienceStage 1+
- Participants understand the Human Rights and Labour Principles of the UN Global Compact, UN Guiding Principles and the human rights due diligence process and determine where they are on their human rights journey.
- Participants scope the company value chain and identify potential impacts.
- Participants prioritize salient human rights impacts and understand their involvement with those impacts.
- Participants start developing specific actions and related metrics.
- Participants understand how to effectively engage affected stakeholders and communicate their impacts.
- Participants understand remedy and grievance mechanisms.
Deadline: 15 December 2023
How to Apply: Interested applicants should Click Here to apply online.
For more information, visit Official Webpage of the UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator Program website