The London Academy Business School (LABS) is an educational and consulting company that specialises in designing and delivering specialised seminars and other educational products to private enterprises and public organisations alike. In the last years, LABS has increased its commitment and activities in connection with the financial industry.
Title: University Course Administrator (Degree and Postgraduate)
About the Job
- To provide a comprehensive level of administrative support primarily to the In-sessional Programme, but also to the Pre-sessional and Executive Education Programmes.
- S/he will also work alongside the Admissions Officer to carry out admissions processing for the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Must have experience in timetabling for multiple cohorts.
Induction & registration of students (In-sessional):
- Respond to enquiries from students and staff by email, telephone or in person.
- Prepare and help run registration sessions
- Prepare materials and presentations for Induction Week sessions
- Email students to give class details and other information
Student records (In-sessional):
- Set up and maintain units and classes on MS Teams
- Communicate with lecturers about record-keeping to fulfil The Academy and the University requirements
- Create and maintain registers for In-sessional and Pre-sessional and keep them updated
- Keep records of student numbers on In-sessional students at regular points throughout the semester, including taking a ‘snapshot’ from Business Objects
- Create and help to manage files on x:drive
- Ensure that student records, including registers, are stored securely for five years after the end of a course.
Assessment and Evaluation Records (In-sessional):
- Enter and agree on assessment results on MS Teams
- Liaise with Course Leaders to facilitate late assessments for students who missed the first opportunities
- Collect and maintain a file system of unit, course and programme evaluations, including online unit evaluation data
- Maintain records of quality-related evaluations, meetings and policies.
- In liaison with Course Leaders and the Technology Enhanced Learning & Digital Resources Development Officer, update In-sessional webpages for application forms before the beginning of each semester
- Update In-sessional feedback form links on the website, and email links to students at the end of each semester
- Maintain a list of tutors
- Respond to tutorial requests from students and forward them to tutors
- Maintain spreadsheet records of completed tutorials
- Book tutorial rooms.
- Sign out/in materials from the In-sessional Office
- Ensure that learning/teaching resources used by teachers are stored securely and accessible
- Order new materials and resources as appropriate.
Admissions (Pre-sessional and APM):
As part of the APM Office Team, at busy times, work alongside the Admissions Officer and Finance & Admissions Officer to:
- Respond to student course enquiries for full-year and summer courses.
- Process applications, applying agreed criteria with regard to academic requirements, English levels, etc.
- Enter decisions and generate offers using the Academy and the University Student Record system to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Making decisions on accepting applicants, usually according to criteria agreed with Course Directors.
- Process and liaison with group leaders regarding group applications for the programme.
- Work with the APM & Operations Manager, Admissions Officer and Finance & Admissions Officer to develop new business practices and processes.
- Deal with telephone, email and personal enquiries appropriately, executing enquiries directly whenever possible and referring others to the appropriate member of staff.
- Provide general administration duties, including data entry, web page maintenance and updating, travel bookings, catering and room bookings, note-taking in meetings, filing and photocopying.
- Assisting other APM administration during busy periods and providing cover for them during absences/holidays.
- Purchasing stationery and equipment, catering, publicity materials and all items for courses, using Agresso.
- Maintain staff lists, including group email lists and Person Finder.
- Assist with the preparation of paperwork for the recruitment of teaching staff.
- Provide support as and when needed by Course Leaders.
- From time to time, you will be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager.
- Educated to B.Sc / M.Sc level standard, or equivalent qualifications with substantial experience in higher Education.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Previous experience as an Administrator in a busy environment.
- Experience in creating and maintaining filing systems, both electronically and in hard copy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of organising training events/workshops
- Experience of working in higher education or a similar environment
- Experience of using a computerised finance system, and MS Teams
Skills and Attributes:
- High standard of IT skills, with knowledge of MS Office, Database, and ability to quickly learn new IT packages
- Knowledge of web page maintenance
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Information management skills, including a high level of accuracy, numeracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to plan, prioritise and work to a timetable
- Have the flexibility of different approaches and willingness to learn new tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a team and willingness to support colleagues.
- Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure and still maintain accuracy
- Willingness to work flexible hours occasionally, as and when required.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letters inPDF format to: [email protected] and or [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.