200 + Employees
The Mastercard Foundation Programme at the University of Cambridge
The Mastercard Foundation Programme at the University of Cambridge is a prestigious initiative that was established in 2022 through a collaboration between the University and the Mastercard Foundation. This program has a remarkable goal of enrolling over 500 Scholars from the African continent between 2023 and 2030. These scholars will have the opportunity to pursue a diverse range of Master’s courses. The primary aim of this scholarship program is to empower talented students from under-represented communities in Africa. It provides them with fully-funded opportunities to complete their Master’s education, nurture transformative leadership qualities, and actively contribute to climate resilience and sustainable futures in Africa. Ultimately, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Cambridge is dedicated to playing a pivotal role in the development of the African continent, by equipping its scholars with the knowledge and skills needed to drive positive change and sustainable development.
Title: University of Cambridge Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Cambridge is now accepting applications for the 2024/2025 academic year.
- This program provides fully funded opportunities for talented students from Africa to pursue their master’s degree, develop transformative leadership skills, and contribute to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa and globally.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen of an African country.
- Residency: You must be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can demonstrate temporary absence for study or work with an intention to return, or if you have been displaced.
- Course: You must be applying for a Master’s course of up to one year in length at the University of Cambridge.
- Please note that this scholarship does not cover certain business courses, including the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Corporate Law (MCL), and Master of Finance (MFin).
- This is a great opportunity for African students to further their education and contribute to positive change in their communities and beyond.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, be sure to submit your application by the deadline on January 5, 2024.
Deadline: January 5, 2024
How to Apply: Interested applicants should Click Here to apply online.
- To begin the application process, you should first apply for admission to the University of Cambridge through the course directory. This application must be completed by the course’s funding deadline, which can be found here: University of Cambridge Course Directory.
- The application for funding is integrated into the course application process.
- As part of your application, you will be asked to provide a supplementary statement demonstrating your personal commitment to advancing climate-resilient and sustainable futures for Africa.
- The application deadline for funding varies based on the course deadline. For courses with a deadline of December 5, 2023, the funding application deadline is also December 5, 2023. For courses with a deadline of January 5, 2024, the funding application deadline is January 5, 2024. Please ensure you pay close attention to the specific funding deadline when submitting your application.
- If you have any inquiries related to your application, please consult the FAQ section on the website. If your question remains unanswered, you can reach out via email to [email protected].