200 + Employees
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI)
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a publicly traded corporation, was founded in 1985 as a bank holding company as part of a private-sector initiative led by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry and supported by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
1). Recovery Portfolio Officer
Job Identification: 406
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Description Rewrite:
- Ensure the achievement and potential surpassing of budgeted targets.
- Foster profitable relationships with Recovery Agents and Receiver Managers.
- Exercise prudence in the utilization of Bank assets allocated for job support.
- Prepare weekly and monthly Affiliate and Group recovery reports.
- Detailed breakdown of the monthly spooled Memorandum portfolio from the Memo Portal into regions.
- Share the monthly Memorandum portfolio of the bank with Business Segments.
- Prepare CBN monthly return reports for debt recoveries.
- Prepare Recovery Bank MPR and create other presentation slides.
- Verify balances weekly and monthly in both Memo recovery accounts and Agent collection accounts.
- Weekly spooling of memo GL accounts on BO to review entries and balances.
- Make daily calls to bulk customers with low balances who owe the bank to collect bad debts.
- Onboard new DRAs (Debt Recovery Agents) and assign accounts to them.
- Manage DRAs and settle their commissions.
- Periodically review and appraise debt recovery agents’ performance.
- Post Memo recoveries on the Memorandum portal.
- Reconcile the entries on the Memorandum portal.
- Collect and manage the Daily Activity Reports of Recovery Officers.
- Respond to all customer correspondences to the Recovery Bank within 24 hours or send out hold mails.
- Maintain records of the Recovery Bank Depository link.
- Digitally archive all engagement and documents related to debtors.
- Act as a backup for the Recovery Bank Administrative Officer.
- Collaborate with Relationship Officers, Remedial Officers, Recovery Agents, Branches, Debtors, FINCON, Legal, and Credit Administration.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2023.
2). Cluster Compliance Officer
Locations: Benin, Edo and Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
Compliance Department Tasks:
- Understand and apply all processes within the Compliance Department to assigned tasks in the Cluster.
- Enforce the Risk-based AML/CFT Manual and other Compliance Internal Policies.
- Implement AML/CFT Laws, other applicable Laws, CBN AML/CFT Regulations, and International Best Practice documents.
- Promote compliance publications, directives, and guidelines to foster a strong compliance culture.
- Provide guidance on the New Guide to Account opening, including client on-boarding, KYC/customer due diligence (CDD), and compliance counseling.
- Monitor and report developments and issues that could pose reputational risks to the Bank.
- Provide ongoing compliance support as needed.
- Ensure accuracy and currency of regulatory displays in branches.
- Maintain relationships with Law Enforcement Agencies and regulatory Authorities.
- Keep a record of all accounts placed on PND or FREEZE by Regulatory or LEAs within the Cluster.
- Maintain and update the branch watchlist.
- Record all Cluster compliance regulatory visits/communications in the compliance log.
- Review the integrity of transactions and GL accounts in the branches through daily reviews of GL balance reports and other relevant reports.
- Ensure timely submission of required returns and reports for the branches.
- Implement revenue assurance and cost reduction strategies for branches/products to prevent income leakages.
- Follow up on unresolved exceptions in Inspection reports and sign off the Audit Verification Certificate.
- Conduct daily reviews of TJ & GL for all branches.
- Ensure first-level Call Over of transactions by Operators.
- Identify potential compliance vulnerabilities and risks within the Cluster and escalate them promptly.
- Implement corrective action plans to address compliance gaps.
- Ensure proper documentation of accounts placed on PND due to incomplete documentation.
- Promote KYC in customer accounts and enhance documentation on old and existing accounts.
- Follow up on audit exceptions raised by Regulators, Internal Audit, and ARR Team for branches within the Cluster.
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve transactions on SWIFT SANCTION Screening for the Cluster.
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve transactions on SIRONAML Analysis for the Cluster.
- Review and ensure proper documentation of all PEPs accounts in the Cluster.
- Review Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Foreign Transactions Reports (FTRs) daily to identify and report suspicious transactions.
- Follow up with branches to resolve exceptions identified in the weekly CTRs.
- Collaborate with branches to resolve exceptions on the SMARTSCREEN Application promptly.
- Organize and participate in knowledge-sharing sessions (KSS) on AML/CFT compliance and other scheduled training.
- Review transactions flagged by the Head Office Funds Transfer Team and ACL alerts, taking appropriate action to file suspicious transaction reports to the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
- Respond promptly to regulatory and LEAs inquiries from the central compliance office.
- Investigate and report unusual/suspicious transactions to the Head, AML/CFT for further action.
- Generate follow-up memos to Branch management regarding exceptions from the daily activities review.
- Review GL proofs on a monthly basis.
- Conduct fixed assets verification and stock count of goods under hypothecation as directed by the Control Monitoring Unit.
- Review the operations, security, and general environment of the Branches.
- Follow up on Regulatory and Statutory Examiners’ Reports involving the branches.
- Conduct spot checks, special investigations, and inquiries as assigned.
- Ensure that open items in the branches’ GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the recorded products.
- Perform daily reviews of system-generated exception reports/alerts.
- Conduct seriality review for all number forms and ensure orderly use of forms.
- Review outward and inward clearing.
- Review ATM reconciliation.
- Conduct sweep and other assigned functions.
- Perform due diligence on vendor verification as requested by EBS for rating bank’s vendors.
- Attend court sessions on fraud cases at the request of the Legal Unit.
- Conduct detailed independent validation of RCSA.
- Coordinate all compliance training activities within the Cluster.
- Monitor Offsite ATMs in line with regulations.
- Perform periodic review of accounts with zero balance.
- Review Bonds & Guarantees on the bank’s database.
- Review accounts without SMS/email alerts.
- Review accounts without BVN.
- Review expenses to identify major expense drivers and unusual expenses.
- Prepare Weekly Compliance Activity Reports and send them to the Area Compliance Officer.
- Perform any other functions assigned from the central office.
- A good University Degree with a minimum of 2:2 or HND with a minimum of Upper Credit in a relevant discipline.
- Possession of an Advanced Degree or Professional Certificate will be considered an advantage.
- Certification in Anti Money Laundering / Terrorism Financing is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in branch operations or Compliance of a commercial Bank and/or Audit Firm / Operations.
- Banking Principles
- Computer proficiency (word-processing, Spreadsheet, PowerPoint)
- Exposure to process re-engineering
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Independent mindset
- Supervisory skills
- Investigative Skills
- Report writing / Fraud Investigation skill
- Analytical/problem Solving Skill
- Interpretation of Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (as amended), Terrorism (Prevention) Act, 2011 (as amended), CBN AML/CFT Regulation 2013 & other International Best Practices documents.
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, audit, products & customer segmentation.
- Strong accounting knowledge.
- Fraud and operational risk knowledge.
- Good understanding/interpretation of CBN Guidelines, policies, and AML/CFT Laws.
Personalities and Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Effective communication
- Goal-driven and result-oriented
- Team spirit
- Integrity, trustworthiness, and innovation
Deadline: 26th September, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should use the links below to apply: