200 + Employees
Lafarge Africa Plc
Lafarge Africa Plc is a cement producer based in Lagos that is publicly traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The Holcim Group controls the majority of it.
1). Reporting Accountant, Lagos
Location: Opebi, LA, NG, 100212
- The Reporting Accountant is responsible for the application of International accounting & reporting standards, ensuring correct treatment of technical and complex accounting transactions, including but not limited to Lease Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Financial Instruments valuation, Merger & Acquisition, Restructuring/Re-organization, Divestment and Investment Portfolio Management. Working with the Reporting & Consolidation Manager is the incumbent is also responsible for the preparation of Group Wide Consolidated Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Financial reports and report same to the Board of Directors, Group Parent, Statutory Regulators and Shareholders under applicable standards in adherence to Holcim Accounting and Reporting Principles manual (HARP).
- Functional scope: Accounting, Reporting and Consolidation
- Geographical scope: All country product lines and sites
Financial Reporting Functions
- Perform consolidation of the parent and subsidiaries financial statements in order to produce internal and external group financial reports using SAP Financial Consolidation Application.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements of the business and report same to Group management, Country management, the board and statutory regulators (Security and Exchange Commission, Nigeria Exchange Limited, Financial Reporting Council).
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly board papers with interpretation of financial statements to the Management and Board of director’s committee.
- Responsible for accurate usage of charts of accounts in the general ledger and financial statements.
- Prepare Quarter Closing Option Memo
- Provide recommendation for proper classification and booking of non-recurring but significant transactions
- Provide and/organise training for new employee in the accounting and reporting unit.
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements,
- Participate in other reporting projects/ assignments as required.
Lease & Trucking Accounting Functions
- Provide accounting support service to logistics unit in the treatment of bulk tanker and other trucking arrangements
- Ensuring that the lease database held in SAP Real Estate Management Module is correct and complete
- Make changes in the lease database to reflect the correct accounting for lease changes and validate the impact of these changes reported by the service providers
- Monthly reconciliations of the General ledger and roll-forward of Right of Use and Finance Liability accounts
- Assist in the preparation and submission of leases group reporting forms per IFRS 16 to Country and Group Management for Lease recognition approval.
- Providing the appropriate information required by the Financial Planning and Performance Analysis (FPP&A) team for operating free cash flow and financial performance projection.
- Coordinate and provide information to all internal and external auditors for leases.
Technical Accounting Functions
- Perform regular review of goodwill and intangible impairment including year-end test for impairment
- Assist in the preparing segment analysis to ensure compliance with requirements regarding consistency between internal and external reporting of reportable operating segments
- Prepare/review timely, high quality technical accounting memos on all key technical accounting matters for submission to the local management, Group management & independent auditor.
- Ensure that all financial instruments are accurately valued and recorded, this includes recognition, measurement, impairment testing & derecognition of financial instruments.
- Providing detail support to the external auditors and other consultants
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy
Policies and Procedures
- Manage all changes in accounting policies received from the Group as well as from the Country.
- Optimize procedures and keep them up-to-date.
On Skills & Talent Management
- Operate safely at all times; challenge unsafe acts; actively seek out ways of promoting a safe working environment.
- Provide guidance, work leadership, direction and advice to the team.
- Evaluate the performance of his/her team and take corrective actions.
- Coach his/her team providing continuous feedback.
- Identify training needs and development plans.
List of Direct Reports:
- Junior Reporting Accountant- Treasury
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships:
- Internal to the Country Shared Services
- Master Data
- General Ledger team
- Account Receivable and Credit Management
- Account Payable team
- Treasury Operations
- External to the Country Shared Services
- Country legal department
- Procurement department
- Logistics department
- Industrial department
- Security department
- Sustainability department
- Other Country Shared Services counterparts and Related parties
- External to the Group
- External auditors
- Local tax authorities
- Financial services providers, KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, Ernst and Young etc
Level of Education/Qualifications normally required:
- B.sc / HND (Accounting/Social sciences)
- ACA /, ACCA (compulsory)
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good knowledge of an ERP environment – ideally SAP
- Practical knowledge of IAS, IFRS
- Internal controls
- Advance MS-Excel Knowledge
- Practical understanding of LHARP
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
- Decisive under pressure considering the criticality and urgency of decisions
- Good analytical skills to identify roots causes of issues
- 5 Years in an Accounting related function
- Audit firm experience
Leadership and Managerial abilities:
- Strong Leadership potential
- Personal and intra-personal communication skills
- Good integrity and ethics; trustworthiness
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Relatively Mobile
2). Head of Category
- Drive and be accountable for all allocated category managers performance and initiatives in own Country and others where responsibility has been assigned in the category charter
- Where and when appropriate, participate in regional or global category management teams representing own Country.
- Manage all allocated Category Manager’s performance and initiatives in own Country.
- Participate in the management of cluster categories for the LafargeHolcim group by representing own Country in cross-functional teams with full accountability for category performance
- Develop Procurement category strategies as a member of the category management team that are integrated and aligned with overall global strategies, and with the LafargeHolcim business
- Drive the realization of savings, supply efficiency, quality, and process improvements in own and other Countries, in line with regional and global strategies.
- Identify saving opportunities and initiate individual projects and initiatives at all operational levels
- Where and when appropriate represent and serve other Countries without direct category management representation for the respective category(ies) and be accountable for delivery of savings in these and own Country
- Drive initiatives and projects, identify and remove potential barriers to success
- Ensure that local strategies are integrated and in alignment with the regional and global category approach and LafargeHolcim stakeholders.
- Align stakeholders through focused change management programs
- In line with regional and global strategies, design and execute strategic projects and targets
- Ensure the implementation and tracking of performance indicators and achieved results.
- Assume full accountability for delivering targeted bottom line results for each category
- Provide regular reports and updates to local, regional and/or global governing bodies (councils) as required
- Ensure that own Country execute the category strategy and actions as required and agreed. Where compliance is an issue, find and eliminate root causes
- Initiating and supporting the RFx processes locally as defined by strategy
- Ensure that the procurement initiatives tracking tool where implemented (PITT) is kept up-to-date for own initiatives and projects
- Prepare clear budget Assumptions for country coming from BI gathering
- Benchmarking within country and external for categories under their management
- Where and when appropriate participate in regional or global category teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategy and achievement of targets and results.
- Where and when appropriate represent own Country as a member of the regional or global category teams (participation level determined by Country spend) to establish strategies and initiatives
- List of Direct Reports
- Category Managers
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships (internal)
- Functional and Manufacturing senior management
- Operational Management (e.g. plant managers, financial)
- Global and Zone Category Management where applicable
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships (external)
- All local and International Suppliers
- BSc./HND minimum
- Minimum 3 years in strategic procurement role (category management, sourcing) with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards
- Demonstrated performance in working within cross-functional teams, with requisite drive and energy to ensure that a challenging benefits and capability building agenda is successfully delivered
- Engineering or Operational back ground would be advantages
Behavioral competencies / Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English
- Highly effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions, countries, regions and cultures
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the content, processes and delivery channels in the field of the assigned categories
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships
- Expert negotiation skills
- Ability to assess potential and risks associated with supplier and market changes, and integrate with category and sourcing strategies
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data
- Proven ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgments, establish and implement solutions
3). Brand & Communications Manager
Requisition ID: 2979
Location: Opebi, Lagos
- A key contributor to the success of any company strategic plan is an effective Brand & Communication Manager that will demonstrate industry knowledge by translating all company activities and Brand Strategic Plans into excellent plans that will position the company very strongly in the market place and to win at the point of purchase.
- The Brand & Communications Manager is accountable for the development and implementation of all Marketing Communications activities, both internally and externally.
- Directs and coordinates the efforts of the Marketing Communication Team for the purpose of achieving the defined business growth objectives across all brands.
- Works closely with the Commercial Team and external Agencies to develop and implement the Marketing Communications Strategies and activities for the Organization.
Brand Building Activities:
- To create and sustain a robust equity for assigned sub Portfolio that will continue to attract strong consumer loyalty.
- Contribute to sub-Portfolio Brand Strategy definition.
- Initiate annual Brand marketing review and plans for the Brand with detailed information on Brand marketing objectives in accordance with overall Brand strategy.
- Define Brand Communication Strategy in accordance to Plan and Brand Position, selecting the most efficient media mix in alignment with the Portfolio Manager.
- To prepare Agency briefs and subsequent evaluation and assessment of subsequent Agency creative proposals.
- Creation and exploitation of brand sponsorship platform where applicable, to enhance selected brand health indicators.
- Identification of and association with relevant external events/initiatives that will add value to brand equity.
- Monitoring related platforms especially those in use by competition
- Lead development of advertising materials/creative proposals in each stage before final approval by the Marketing Director.
- Propose and test any changes in advertising strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing Team to ensure effective Sales Driver deployment of the Brand in all categories of outlets, driving ultimately Equity.
- Monitor competitive strategies, advertising and positioning platforms with a view to constantly ensuring continued alignment to Brand positioning.
- Report periodically, giving information on all activities undertaken by the Brand and competitive brands.
Drive Market Share and Grow Volume for the Brand:
- To achieve and retain a strong share position in the market place.
- Ensure that all marketing considerations are taken into account in making volume projections for the Brand.
- Propose and execute promotions plans and schemes, in alignment with Trade Marketing Team, after approval by the Marketing Director.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all promotional activities, propose relevant modifications and prepare post-promotion reports with appropriate proposals and recommendations.
- Constantly monitor changes within the market, analyze the likely impact on the Brand and propose strategies and plans to deliver the volume objectives.
- Monitor competitive activities and initiate and execute appropriate action for pre-empting such activities or counteracting their impact.
- Work in conjunction with the field sales management and Logistics to ensure regular availability of the Brand in all categories of outlets.
- To embark quarterly visits (at least) to the Sales Areas to obtain firsthand information on activities related to the Brand and developments in the market in general.
- To initiate and manage new projects and new product developments that are designed to deliver the Brand’s objectives.
Ensure Sustainable Profitability for the Brand:
- To guarantee a significant contribution to the overall business objective of delivering outstanding value to all stake-holders
- Constantly monitor the industry and advise the Business on a competitive pricing structure for the Brand.
- Keep the Brand’s profitability under constant review and to draw early attention to any deviations from estimated profits as a result of sales variations or changes in costs.
Other Accountabilities (Planning, Control and Coordination):
- Prepare an annual advertising budget for the Brands in the sub-Portfolio for the approval of the Marketing Director.
- Monitor advertising budget ensuring adherence in line with approved plans.
- Carry out regular budget-control monitoring exercises to avert over-expenditure.
- Prepare a yearly Media Brief for the Agency giving guidance regarding advertising budget appropriation by media.
- Ensure that all outdoor hoardings and posters for the Brand are in good condition and that hoardings strategically located.
- Monitor and analyze official and unofficial trade margins of competing brands, make appropriate proposals and execute accordingly.
- Originate and test any changes in packaging design.
- Liaise with Quality Control (Technical) in quality monitoring of products released into the market with a view to ensuring consistency across all factories.
- Monitor quality of all packaging materials in consultation with appropriate Controller
- Recommend and manage market research requirements for the Brand.
- Agree research proposals in conjunction with the Marketing Director, and evaluate the results as they affect overall marketing policy for the Brand.
- Check all bills from Agency and suppliers against approved budget and schedules and verify them for payment.
- Work with Agency in obtaining approval for new advertising materials and for Brand consumer promotions i.e. NAFDAC, SON etc.
- Working with a team comprises of Digital/media, Sponsorship & Promotions, Research & PR and Marketing Services Staff, the Brand & Communication Manager coordinates at strategic and tactical levels with other functions of the Company, external agencies and consultants.
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders & Relationship:
- Work closely with the sales team (trade) in order to understand environmental dynamics and to improve sales and brand visibility.
- Internal interfaces with; Sales team, A&C unit heads, Logistics, Customer Service, Segment leads, Leadership Team, Communications and Procurement
- Medium level of Internal interfaces : HR & Finance ,
- Selected key external interfaces: research agencies, suppliers of point of purchase material, trade partners, Advertising / Strategy Development Agencies; Regulatory bodies – LASAA, OGSAA, OAAN etc
- Ability to pull wide support quickly from Commercial team, Finance, Corporate, Procurement functions and external Agencies.
- Ability to plan strategically
- High level of personal integrity and trust.
- Ability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps
- Graduate caliber essential
- Must have 3 – 5 years Brand or Marketing experience.
- Brand Image management experience in FCMG or Telco is a plus.
- Business orientated professional or post-graduate qualifications an added advantage.
Specific Work Experience:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of Brand Strategy.
- Strong track record in Marketing at management level, with practical experience in brand imagery management.
- Depth of experience on how to drive a Marketing organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- Previous exposure to strategy development is valuable.
- Strong project management skills, Commercial and financial capability are important.
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills; previous experience in working with other functions, particularly Sales, Trade Marketing, Procurement, Supply, Finance, and external partners such as ATL and PR Agencies is valuable.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Uses well developed interpersonal skills to build credible relationships
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills
- Excellent understanding of Brand Management.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, sales data and trends analysis skills.
- Creative thinker with ability to share brand vision with major stakeholder
- Credible with key internal and external partners
- Good IT skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of self-confidence
- Able to thrive and work well with team.
- Tenacious in overcoming issues or barriers.
- Interpersonal ability to influence key project stakeholders.
- Able to challenge the norm.
- Maintains high level of integrity and generates trust.
- Active goal setting to deliver significant contribution
- Based in Lagos
- 60% in Office, 40% in Field
4). Book to Record Manager, Lagos
Location: Opebi, LA, NG, 100212
- The role holder is responsible for managing all accounting and financial reporting matters for the country. He/She is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial results and other group and statutory reporting requirements. He/She will collaborate with the rest of FSSC team to ensure proper reconciliations are done for all ledgers and that proper books are kept.
- In this role, He/She will foster a strong connection with the Group Accounting, Reporting & Consolidation Team (ARC) team to ensure full and timely local compliance with Holcim’s Accounting & Reporting Policy (HARP). He/She will also coordinate external audits with the company’s auditors and manage audit requests efficiently and in a timely manner.
Internal and External Financial Reporting
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement, in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Prepare all board relate reports as it relates to Statutory Financial Statements
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual hard close process by tracking all month-end close activities with cross-functional stakeholders
- Provide insights into balance sheet movements and cash-flows and ensure account reconciliations, intercompany charges, fixed assets and bank reconciliations are properly managed and sign-off at country level.
- Address complex accounting topics in collaboration with the functional controller and ensure full compliance to HARP in accounting for all business transactions.
Audit and Internal Controls
- Coordinate and manage the external audit process in collaboration with auditors, ensuring smooth and efficient audit engagements.
- Coordinate the preparation of audit schedules, documentation, and supporting materials to facilitate the audit process.
- Act as Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICFR) champion for the country and ensure ICFR documentation is in place and properly kept for record purposes.
Fixed Assets Accounting
- Oversee the fixed asset accounting process, including asset acquisitions, disposals, depreciation calculations, and impairment assessments.
- Ensure accurate and complete recording of fixed asset transactions in accordance with company policies and accounting standards.
- Perform periodic reconciliations and physical asset verifications to maintain the integrity of fixed asset records.
- Track the compilation of project costs/Capital expenditures into fixed asset accounts, and capitalize those projects once they have been completed.
General Ledger Supervision
- Oversee the maintenance of the general ledger, including chart of accounts.
- Ensure accurate and complete recording of financial transactions in the general ledger.
- Review and approve journal entries, account reconciliations, and intercompany transactions.
- Lead the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, ensuring all reported numbers are substantiated with schedules and back-up documentations and these are centrally stored on drives.
- Oversee the bank reconciliation process, ensuring timely and accurate reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between bank statements and general ledger records.
- Monitor and reconcile other related accounts, such as credit card transactions and cash clearing accounts.
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and lead process improvement or implement feedback to reduce the time required to close the financial period.
- Continuously evaluate existing accounting and financial reporting processes, identifying opportunities for improvement in efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Lead or participate in projects to streamline workflows, automate processes, and enhance the quality of financial reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as IT and finance, to implement system enhancements and optimize data integrity.
- Drive the standardization and process improvement with areas of responsibility within financial reporting and accounting.
Team Management and Development
- Lead and supervise a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and performance feedback.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive work environment, encouraging professional growth and development of team members.
- Conduct performance evaluations, set goals, and identify training needs to enhance the skills and knowledge of the team.
- Head of Financial Shared Services Centre, Chief Financial Officer, Head of FPP&A, General Counsel & Company Secretary and Group Accounting, Consolidation & Reporting (ARC) Team
- Internal & External Auditors
- Financial Reporting Analyst
- General Ledger Team
- Fixed Asset Accounting Team
- Bank Reconciliation Accountant
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Timeliness of Financial Reporting: Measures the ability to prepare and submit financial statements and reports within established deadlines.
- Accuracy of Financial Reporting: Evaluates the accuracy and reliability of financial statements and reports, ensuring adherence to accounting standards and internal controls.
- General Ledger Integrity: Measures the maintenance of a reliable and accurate general ledger, reflected in minimal variances and proper segregation of duties.
- Reconciliation Accuracy and Timeliness: Evaluates the accuracy and timeliness of bank reconciliations and fixed asset accounting, demonstrating control over financial transactions and assets.
- Audit Performance and Findings: Assesses the effectiveness in managing external audits,including timely completion, satisfactory ratings, and minimal audit adjustments.
Level of education/qualifications normally required: Degree in Accounting. Finance, Economics, or any other relevant degree. ICAN or ACCA qualification is a pre-requisite for this role.
Specific Work experience: 7 to 10 years experience with at least 4 years in similar role, with people management responsibilities. Experience in multi-national companies with group reporting structure is an added advantage.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, and standards (IFRS).
- Experience with ERP systems and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure, in a demanding environment, while maintaining the highest professional standards.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at various levels.
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Ability to self-organize, drive consistency and high standards in team’s way of working, and take ownership of team output.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
Mobility Requirements: Working conditions are normal for an office environment with occasional stretches to meet strict timelines.
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: Interested applicants should use the links below to apply: