200 + Employees
Marriott International, located in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, is a significant global hotel firm with over 4,100 locations in 79 countries and revenues of approximately $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its origins may be traced back to J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott’s root beer stand in Washington, D.C., in 1927.
1). Manager on Duty
- As the Property Manager on Duty, you are responsible for overseeing all property operations to ensure the highest levels of hospitality and service. Your role includes representing property management in resolving guest or property-related issues and managing the flow of questions from guests within the lobby. Additionally, you serve as the Guest Relations Manager and handle the tracking of service issues.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; with 4 years of experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional areas.
- A 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or a related major; with 2 years of experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional areas.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Property Operations and Guest Relations Needs:
- Foster strong working relationships with all departments to support property operations and goals and address any operational issues promptly.
- Communicate any deviations from established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Distribute the Manager on Duty (MOD) report to all departments daily.
- Strive to enhance service performance and ensure compliance with policies and standards.
- Prioritize guest satisfaction in departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement.
Supporting Profitability Goals:
- Comprehend and adhere to loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Review staffing levels to ensure they align with guest service needs and financial objectives.
- Analyze financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity, goal achievement, and identify areas for cost reduction and program improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience:
- Intervene in any guest or associate situation as necessary to maintain the property’s integrity, achieve guest satisfaction, and preserve associate well-being.
- Empower associates to deliver excellent customer service.
- Offer immediate assistance to guests upon request.
- Lead by example in demonstrating outstanding hospitality skills.
- Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Address and resolve guest problems and complaints.
- Ensure associates understand customer service expectations and boundaries.
- Regularly interact with customers throughout the property to gather feedback on product quality, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Participate in developing and implementing corrective action plans to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Document guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
Assisting Human Resources Activities:
- Participate as needed in the investigation of associate and guest accidents.
- Observe the service behaviors of associates and provide feedback to individuals.
- Conduct regular inspection tours of the entire facility, assessing appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
- Acknowledge team members’ contributions and celebrate successes publicly.
- Ensure associates are cross-trained to support daily operations successfully.
- Administer property policies fairly and consistently, complete disciplinary procedures and documentation in accordance with Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS), and support the Peer Review Process.
- Understand and, if necessary, implement all emergency plans, including accident, death, elevator incidents, thefts, criminal activities, fire, and other contingencies.
2). Night Manager
- In the role of the Property Manager on Duty during the overnight shift, your primary responsibility is to oversee all property operations, ensuring the provision of the highest levels of hospitality and service during this time. You serve as the representative of property management and are personally involved in resolving any guest or property-related situations as well as completing necessary tasks.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; with a minimum of 4 years of experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional areas.
- A 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or a related major; with at least 2 years of experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional areas.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations:
- Ensure compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
- Monitor employees to ensure they are in proper uniform and groomed according to standards.
- Oversee a safe working environment for all employees.
- Manage all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals:
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to assess productivity and goal achievement. Identify areas requiring cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assist in responding to and resolving guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
- Support the accounts receivable clerk in keeping invoices due below 60 days and processing chargebacks and rebates in a timely manner.
- Administer plans and actions to minimize chargebacks and rebates.
- Ensure employees adhere to proper cash handling procedures and monitor overage/shortages.
- Manage employee hours and collaborate with the property’s leadership team to implement action plans for preventing the recurrence of guest issues.
Supporting Human Resources Activities:
- Promote participation in property safety-related programs.
- Monitor employee attendance and record absences/tardiness.
- Foster teamwork and employee morale.
- Keep employees informed about new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
- Assist supervisors in addressing employee performance issues, including performance reviews, counseling, and recommendations.
- Ensure all employees have comprehensive knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Promote employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
- Create incentives to enhance service quality and property profitability.
- Assist the operations manager in processing employee payroll on a weekly basis.
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: Interested candidates should use the links below to apply: