Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
1). Occupational Health Nurse
Requisition ID: 833
Location: Opebi, Lagos
- Role holder collates and analyses OH data and supports the OH Coordinator in the management of the activities of all 3rd party medical services providers including the HMO and international SOS.
Management of Medical Services KPIs:
- Collation, validation and analysis of monthly diseases profile report from sites and head office
- Collation and reporting of monthly Health & Safety KPIs for the head office and plant clinics
- Administration of employees’ HMO registration and de-registration at employment and exit respectively
- Management and processing of payments of medical vendors and service providers (SAP operations)
- OH/Medical support for HSE audits and inspections
Emergency Response Support Activities:
- First-aid treatment of sick/injured employee, and evacuation to emergency hospital where required
- Ensuring adequate stock level of emergency drugs and consumables in the ambulance, first aid boxes and treatment room
- Coordinating the activities of HQ emergency responders (First Aiders & Fire wardens)
- Medical Emergency cover and support for company events whenever required
- LTO training support with emergency First Aider and CPR trainings
- Conduct scheduled Emergency Drills in the HQ.
Health Promotion and Awareness Activities:
- Periodic Health & Hygiene inspection of the workplace, canteens and the vendor kitchens
- Support with workplace health and safety awareness/promotion drive and talk
- Support with the Comprehensive Medical and Task-Based Medical tests
- Conducting basic health monitoring and one-on-one counselling
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships
- Internally, the OH Nurse will interface with Departmental HRBPs, Plant HSE Managers, Shared services, Plant Clinics,
- He/she also interacts regularly with the external public including HMO contacts. International SOS, HMO Provider Hospitals, Retainer hospitals, etc
Education & Experience
- RN Nurse qualification (B.Sc in Nursing qualification will be an added advantage)
- Occupational Nursing Training and Certification
- ≥2yrs practical experience in Occupational Health in an industrial setting
- Training and/or Certification in Workplace Safety will be an added advantage
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team.
Application Closing Date
2). Corporate Citizenship & Events Manager
Requisition ID: 777
Location: Opebi, Lagos
This role reports to: The Head, Brand & Sustainability\
- The Corporate Citizenship & Events Manager supports the efforts of Lafarge Africa Plc to position itself as a socially responsible organization that is focused on sustainable development.
- The incumbent supports the Sustainable Development and Corporate Brand and reporting, to a deliver on this ambition in addition to having direct responsibilities for monitoring, evaluation, impact assessments and reporting.
- Support the implementation of national CSR programs
- Partnerships: support to build effective partnerships with external organizations, including not for profits to support sustainability efforts.
- Directly manage and oversee extensive Employee Volunteering across the country’s operations.
- Support community development programs to ensure they are in line with the overall company sustainable development ambitions while reporting same on a monthly basis.
- Help and give support in case of sensitive situations as regards to relation with stakeholders and communities
- Support to identify potential social reputation, impact and human rights risks from the country operations and help develop corrective action plans and follow-up implementation
- Coordinate the Donations &Charities activities of the company and support to ensure Sponsorships are in line with policy directives.
- Ensure compliance with laid down directives such as data compliance for social interventions, a s well as internal engagement opportunities
- Builds and maintains a profile of strategic partnerships with sustainability networks within Nigeria and the Holcim Group.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Directly responsible for managing the company’s sustainability Reporting activities: compile and maintain sustainability records across the organisation; collate and review Lafarge Africa sustainability statistics to identify trends, risks and areas for improvement
- Provide reports, presentations to diverse stakeholders and information as necessary
- Working with the Regional Communications and Public Affairs Managers, manage and ensure the social audit reporting requirements are regularly updated based on evidence -reporting parameters.
- Ensures the culture of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Impact Assessments (IA) is entrenched in the company’s sustainable development efforts by putting in place frameworks with continuous monitoring for execution.
- Ensure M&E and IAs are conducted for key CSR projects within host communities and nationally, while reporting same on a monthly basis
- Directly responsible for the delivery of related contents for the annual Group self-assessment on stakeholder relations and Sustainable Development.
- Working with the Head of Sustainability, support to ensure internal and external benchmarking to take benefits of ‘best in class’ in corporate social responsibility, while leveraging innovation to design new environmental, social and economic interventions
- Support the CPASD and Sustainability function in the delivery of relevant stakeholders-related audit programmes such as Needs Assessments etc.
CSR Awareness Initiatives:
- Support CPASD team to ensure that the company’s CSR investments and interventions build corporate reputation and contribute to driving corporate success
- Work with the HR, Corporate Communications team (traditional & social media, events &sponsorship, internal comms etc.) to ensure there is effective internal (including Group) and external communications of Sustainability, CSR activities and stakeholder engagement.
- Periodically update the Sustainable Development segment of the corporate website and other online platform.
- Project all LAP’s initiatives on different platforms through newsletters, engagements etc.
Corporate Events & Branding:
- Coordinate and manage all LAP’s corporate events bringing innovation to work and effectively managing agencies
- Ensure effective branding of LAP’s events within and outside the organisation
- Support procurement of the corporate gifts and promotional items, as well as its branding as per LAP’s brand guidelines for different stakeholder groups
- Manage new corporate branding platforms and value building engagements through brand management, effective storytelling and social interactions.
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Internal interfaces: the incumbent is reporting to the Head of Corporate Citizenship. He/she interacts on a daily basis with his/her colleagues within SD, Communications and Public Affairs, Plant Managers.
- Other key internal stakeholders include:
- Interface with members of the Communications function (Country, Group)
- Environment managers
- Targeted plant people of which plant management, local communications, environment and health coordinators are included
- Sourcing / Legal / HR etc.
- External Interfaces:
- Associations, schools and universities, organizations and professionals dedicating resources to stakeholder management
- All SD-related corporate stakeholders: NGOs, public authorities (support to Public Affairs), SD counterparts within other companies.
Education & Experience
- First Degree or equivalent in Arts & Humanities
- 5 – 7 years experience in the domain of sustainable development, environment, social responsibility for large industrial oragnizations with multinational footprints
- Experience in reporting, data analysis and administration
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience of stakeholder relations with government and non-government
- Any relevant professional institute membership
- Communication skills: good writing skills a MUST, impeccable spoken English
- Basic knowledge of cement production processes
- Computer Skills
- Good knowledge of print production
- Negotiation skills
- Reporting: Report writing and presentation skills
- Data Analysis skills
- Business intelligence.
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Self confidence
- Team spirit
- Tact and tolerance
- Commitment to Excellence.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skils
- strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and methodical
- Meticulous planning and attention to detail
- Results oriented
- High integrity
- Pro-active decision making
- Passion for high standards.
Application Closing Date
3). Process Engineer – Ashaka
Requisition ID: 687
- To provide technical support to plant operations with the ultimate goal of improving performance, efficiency and long-term profitability
- Responsible for the development of the necessary system, tools and procedures for plant optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Plays a role in safety Health and Environment commitment and demonstrates ownership. Ensure compliance to Holcim, Health and Safety standards and advisories of process department and generally in the plant.
- Conducts plant performance evaluation and technical audits with a view to optimising productivity and attaining sustainable process stability.
- Monitors the process performance of the entire plants on day to day basic and defines corrective actions as well as implement them targeted to achieve desired product.
- Defines production conditions, process parameters and operating procedures for new or modified installations to achieve the project’s stated objectives
- Works/liases with experts on related process matters, new technologies and best practises and leads the implementation of selected projects aimed at modifying existing system to make them safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly
- Regularly monitors the parameters relating to the plant operation to determine the accuracy of the sensors to guarantee reliable operational data
- Carries out process inspections on major equipment to know their internal status, capture, identify correctives and preventive actions for sustainable equipment reliability and follow up implementation.
- Perform proper field measurements aimed at providing critical data necessary for process characteristics and troubleshooting.
- Prepare written and oral reports on the work undertaken in a clear and concise manner ensuring data availability to other department.
- To give support and implement the group environment’s policy.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a cement plant or related industry.
- Good knowledge of cement manufacturing processes: raw meal preparation to cement storage and despatch.
- Good knowledge of thermal and mass balances as applied to cement manufacturing process
- Working knowledge of industrial instrumentation devices.
- In-depth knowledge of major industrial unit operations and their equipment functions.
- Understanding all physico-chemical reactions and resultant products applicable to cement manufacturing
- Good knowledge of thermodynamics and its application to cement manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies
- Good knowledge of Statistical process control methods and experimental design.
- Good understanding of industrial control loops and operational logics necessary for effective troubleshooting strategies
- Working understanding of all the Lafarge Operational and Governance Safety Standards and Advisories, be trained (internally) on coal shop safety, Inert gas generator operation and inertization process and with reference to the Emergency Response plan be a First Aider, Fire hydrant operator and be able to perform WAH and CONFINED space rescue.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should use the links below to apply: